Reporting to a Senior Designer, the Junior Designer is responsible for supporting Senior Designers, Designers and Developers with the execution of projects, at all phases of the process from initial concepts to design, implementation and testing final site.
- Assist in developing and maintaining websites, intranet sites and emailing marketing campaigns.
- Create graphics and code that adhere to GCU's style and brand identity.
- Translate visual prototypes into launch-ready code.
- Test and troubleshoot pages on multiple browsers and platforms.
- Complete website build-out from Photoshop to functional HTML.
- Contribute to the overall Web Communication Strategy and special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree or 2 years of equivalent business related work experience in the area of web design and/or online advertising design.
- Knowledge of Adobe Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Photoshop preferred
- Attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem-solving.
- Ability to work in a team and to communicate in a clear way to provide training to staff and faculty.
- Excellent knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques, a strong online portfolio displaying user-centered design.
- Knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.