Recruitd is currently looking for a motivated, proactive and energetic individual to join the company's engineering team as a full-time employee that thrives in the confluence of interface design and software engineering.
Generally, you will be involved in:
- Development of new and evolving user-facing features
- Establishing reusable code, libraries, and patterns
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of product requirements and interface designs
- Eptimization of client-side concerns for durability, speed, and scalability
- Working across teams to share architecture, evolve engineering standards, introduce testing approaches, mentor peers and celebrate our wins.
- Supporting production operations and provide engineering level insight on platform issues.
Specifically, you will have opportunities to:
- implement mission-critical user controls for a complex hosting platform
- deliver cloud-based development environments and tools for professional web teams
- build user interfaces for the web and command-line power tools
- tackle challenges in building real-time interfaces for teams working in parallel
Engineering at Recruitd operates in small mission-focused teams that are tasked with large business problems and armed with a fully capable set of engineering skills. They dig in, understand the problem and find the optimal path to success. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute at all levels of the stack - and we mean the kernel tweaking to feature design kind of full-stack.
We’ve got depth and breadth across the technologies we use to run the Recruitd platform at scale. You’ll have many opportunities to pickup and apply new skills and gain professional experience with some of our existing use of Cassandra, MySQL, Redis, Backbone, Node.js, Python, Ruby, Golang, C, Chef, Amazon SWF, Amazon S3, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, and more.
- Experience tangling (and untangling) markup, styles and behaviors appropriately
- Experience building, maintaining and iterating on web applications employing backend APIs
- Experience with DDD, BDD, TDD and other effective product development strategies
- Experience with Unit, Functional, Integration and End-to-End testing strategies
- Experience with front-end build pipeline tooling such as NPM, Bower, Grunt, Gulp, SASS
- Excited about working collaboratively, with different teams, on different parts of the product
- 2 years+ of front-end web application development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonus Points For:
- Full-stack development experience
- Mobile and/or responsive implementation experience
- Accessibility principles
- Front-end performance profiling and optimization
- Familiar with good system design patterns and HA/scalable architectures
- Loves to pair on difficult challenges with teammates
- Strong opinions weakly held
- Open Source contributions
- Drupal and/or WordPress development experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year
- HTML: 1 year (Preferred)
- CSS: 1 year (Preferred)
- React: 1 year (Preferred)